Posted on May 02 2014
Monastic Vows, including the Ancient Monastic Rule
copyright 1985 by Peggy Spencer
These Monastic Vows were developed for a lecture series in 1985, using both the traditional Rule of the ancient monastery and the Tibetan. They take into account many forms of monastic training to address all areas.
This is an additional piece to my book, Spirituality 101: A Primer on the Akashic Records and the Spiritual, Mental, Emotional, and Physical Bodies, which is available on Amazon.com.
I am waiving my copyright on this material and providing these for everyone to share and get started with their work. Please give them to your family and friends or refer them to my website.
Write each statement on a piece of paper, say: “Please remove: (Read the statement.)” and burn it. If you can not burn, use a computer, follow the instructions, and delete it. Remove one per day, even if you want to do more. They need to filter through all the Bodies and all of your Akashic Records.
1. Any aspect of denying one’s Self for a “ higher being”.
2. Any chastising of the Physical Body.
3. Any aspect that does not allow Self to enjoy pleasure and happiness.
4. Any aspect of fasting as a form of suffering or deprivation of food as a form of worthiness.
5. Any conflicts with being worldly.
6. Any aspect that places another being above one’s Self.
7. Any aspect that does not allow the expression of anger.
8. Any aspect that does not allow the showing of temper.
9. Any deceit from one’s heart.
10. Any aspect that makes false peace.
11. Any aspect that has conflict with charity and giving.
12. Any aspect that does not allow Self to speak up for fear of perjury and its consequences.
13. Any aspect that suffers for worthiness.
14. Any aspect that suffers for the sake of injustice.
15. Any aspect that does not allow pride and to be proud.
16. Any aspect that credits “higher beings” for Self’s goodness and virtue.
17. Any aspect that defines evil as within one’s Self.
18. Any aspect that implies that evil is something that can not be overcome in a lifetime.
19. Any judgment, gossip, idle talk, vicious talk with hurtful intent.
20. Any aspect that disempowers Self’s word.
21. Fear of being judged.
22. Fear of lower beings, demons, Hell, or any form of entity that Self allows to have power and dominion over Self.
23. Any aspect that sees Death daily.
24. Any judging aspect of Self.
25. Any aspect that monitors Self’s actions in a judgmental manner.
26. Any thought that a “ higher being” knows all and sees all.
27. Any aspect that does not allow Self to speak without limitations.
28. Any aspect that does not allow Self to laugh with joy and without limitations.
29. Any aspect that does not allow Self to enjoy intimacy without judgment or limitations.
30. Any aspect that does not allow Self to empower one’s own will.
31. Chastity as a way of living.
32. Poverty as a way of living.
33. Humility as a way of living.
34. Penance as a way of living.
35. Separation from the world as a way of living.
36. Any aspect that does not allow visible success.
37. Any aspect that does not confront fear of failure.
38. Any aspect that can not confront fear of success.
39. All “ I can’t/ I must not” statements.
40. Any aspect that feels unworthiness to serve.
41. Any aspect that believes Life Purpose will never come.
42. Any part of Self that does not trust my Inner Knowing.
43. Any part of Self that does not commit.
44. Any aspect of Self that feels abandoned without community.
45. Any aspect that is bound by vows I can not get beyond.
46. Any aspect that feels betrayed.
47. Any aspect of Self that says I must sacrifice my own life work for others.
48. Any aspect that supports powerlessness.
49. Any belief that distraction serves me.
50. Any notion that disbelief serves me.